On enhanced reporting of priority additives in tobacco products
The Joint Action on Tobacco Control is calling for experts to join a newly established independent review panel. The review panel will be concerned with the assessment of enhanced reporting document on priority additives in tobacco products from manufacturers as is described in TPD 2014/40/EU Article 6 and Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2016/787 Annex 1. The review panel will inform the EC and member states on their opinion and concerns on each priority additive of the list.
Members of the panel should be independent of tobacco industry, and must declare that they have not worked for the tobacco industry for at least 5 years.
Furthermore, the panel members should not be part of their supervisory authority, but may have received funds from the supervisory authority and may have done tasks for them. The reviewers will be selected based on their expertise in one of the following fields:
- Nicotine addiction (background in tobacco control, cessation, methodology, medicine, drug control, or neuroscience)
- Attractiveness of consumer products (e.g. flavours or product design)
- Inhalation facilitation
- Smoke chemistry & pyrolysis
- Methodology and statistics
- Toxicology (including specialists on in vivo, in vitro, and in silico measures, and on inhalation toxicity, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, and reproduction toxicity)
The members of the panel will be appointed for an indefinite time (renewable term of 3 years).
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their motivation letter, resume, and declaration of interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
This call closes June 15th 11:59 PM
More information on the appointment and activities of the Independent review panel on enhanced reporting of priority additives in tobacco products can be found in this.